Thursday, October 7, 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 7 - The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone

 

When you have to entertain your kids, but you want humor adults can enjoy, too.

Release Date: October 30, 1979

Starring: Mel Blanc. I don't know, the Flintstones and the Rubbles.

Genre: (I'm starting to realize that this is a horror blog and including "genre" was pretty stupid.) Animated Halloween special

Plot Summary: Fred wins a trip to Rocksylvania and the Rubbles go along with him and Wilma. There, they discover that Count Rockula and Frankenstone are still living in the castle they're staying at...And Rockula believes Wilma is his bride.

Favorite Scene: Count Rockula visits Wilma in Bedrock.

Favorite Quote: "He can't marry a woman who's already got a husband."
"He knows that, that's why he wants to make me a widow."

Notable Trivia: Parodies the show Let's Make a Deal.

Final Thoughts: This is one of my all time favorite horror specials. I'm not a huge fan of The Flintstones (I don't dislike them, I just always preferred The Jetsons), but I still really enjoyed The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone. Again, this is something you could definitely watch with your kids and still enjoy yourself, which is a nice thing about those older cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment