Sunday, October 10, 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 10 - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

 

If The Wolf Man left you feeling sad, don't worry, he's sort of okay.

Release Date: June 15, 1948

Starring: Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Lon Chaney Jr., Bela Lugosi, Glenn Strange, Lenore Aubert

Plot Summary: Baggage clerks Chick and Wilbur are recruited by Larry Talbot to destroy Dracula, who is attempting to revive Frankenstein's monster.

Favorite Scene: After locking Talbot inside his room, Wilbur realizes Talbot forgot his suitcase and goes to return it to him.

Favorite Quote: "It's only a dummy."
"Dummy nothing. It was smart enough to scare me."

Notable Trivia: Vincent Price has a cameo at the end of the film as the Invisible Man.

Final Thoughts: This is one of the first movies I ever remember watching and I still love it to this day. I'm a big fan of monster mashups and I credit Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment