Thursday, October 21, 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 21 - Werewolves Within

 

When you need something to psych you up for your first day at a new job.

Release Date: June 25, 2021

Starring: Sam Richardson, Milana Vayntrub, Cheyenne Jackson

Genre: Comedy

Plot Summary: When Finn Wheeler arrives in Beaverfield to settle into his job as a forest ranger, he gets more than he bargained for. A blizzard knocks the town's power out, the generators are all destroyed and the villagers are being murdered.

Favorite Scene: The first scene in the bar that apparently only plays 90's music.

Favorite Quote: "I don't know what men do, I try not to hang out with them too much."

Notable Trivia: Based on the game Werewolves Within (which is based on Werewolf, a Mafia-style social deduction game).

Final Thoughts: Okay, let's start with the most important thing because if you're anything like me, you'll want to know. The bad news is, the dog dies. The good news is, you don't see it happen. I also want to note that this movie replaced 1408 on my list. Not necessarily because it's a better movie, but because it's fun and sometimes I prefer that. Anyway, final thoughts. I love social deduction games and my favorite game is One Night Ultimate Werewolf. So I was really excited when I saw that this movie is based on Werewolf. I could see elements of Werewolf towards the end of the movie, but I was expecting...More. I don't know. I wanted a scene where everyone in town sat around a table arguing over who they thought the werewolf was and why. I guess they did that, to an extent, but to be totally honest, this could have been any werewolf movie. I would never have guessed it was inspired by the game if I didn't read that it was, you know? Still, it was cute and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment