Friday, October 15, 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 15 - 13 Ghosts

 

If Gonjiam was too scary for you, but you still want to watch a movie about ghosts.

Release Date: August 5, 1960

Starring: Rosemary DeCamp, Charles Herbert, Margaret Hamilton, Jo Morrow, Donald Woods, Martin Milner

Genre: Supernatural horror

Plot Summary: Cyrus Zorba inherits his occultist uncle's house, and all the ghosts that come with it, after he dies. Using a special pair of glasses, the family is able to see each of the 12 ghosts occupying their new home. The ghosts can't rest until they find a 13th ghost to join them.

Favorite Scene: Buck discovers the lion in the basement.

Favorite Quote: "You really are a witch, aren't you?"
"Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies."

Notable Trivia: Another William Castle gimmick, "Illusion-O," was used in theaters. Movie-goers were given a viewer to watch the movie through. The red side would allow them to see the ghosts, while the blue side would hide the ghosts, in case anyone was too frightened to watch.

Final Thoughts: I watched this movie when I was a kid...I watched a lot of these movies when I was a kid, because my dad liked them. I think it's a fun movie. Not too scary, not too campy. It's a unique ghost story, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment