Monday, October 11, 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 11 - Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum

 

If you're thinking of exploring a rundown, supposedly haunted building.

Release Date: March 28, 2018

Starring: Wi Ha Joon, Yoo Je Yoon, Park Ji Hyun, Oh Ah Yeon, Moon Ye Won, Park Sung Hoon, Lee Seung Wook

Genre: Found footage/supernatural horror

Plot Summary: A group of people are chosen to explore and livestream Gonjiam, a rundown asylum rumored to be haunted. Once inside, they begin to experience things that can't be explained and realize the rumors were actually true.

Favorite Scene: The blob jump. Because that's one of my favorite things they've ever done on Running Man.

Favorite Quote: "Is this a horror club or an extreme sports club?"

Notable Trivia: Gonjiam Asylum really was one of CNN's 10 Freakiest Places Around the World. It was torn down around the time of the movie's release.

Final Thoughts: Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum is the best found footage film I've ever seen. I bought it just based on the fact that it was a found footage film about a group of people livestreaming their exploration of a haunted asylum. It sounded like it would be fun. And it was! But it was also so scary and unsettling. Ghosts normally do nothing for me, but I was on edge the entire time I was watching this movie. I have a post dedicated to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment