Monday, October 25, 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 25 - Silver Bullet

 

If you want to see one of the greatest films ever made based on Stephen King's work.

Release Date: October 11, 1985

Starring: Corey Haim, Megan Follows, Gary Busey, Everett McGill

Genre: Horror

Plot Summary: After a series of murders in town, a young boy discovers a werewolf is responsible for the deaths. He and his sister have to convince their uncle to help them catch the werewolf before it comes after them next.

Favorite Scene: The church nightmare. It absolutely terrified me when I was younger.

Favorite Quote: "I understand that my niece and my nephew are sending little love notes to the local minister suggesting that he gargle with broken glass or eat a rat poison omelet."

Notable Trivia: Silver Bullet is based on Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King.

Final Thoughts: This is probably my favorite movie based on any of Stephen King's stories. There are scenes that are so scary, but it's balanced out by Gary Busey's comedic relief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment