Saturday, October 30, 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 30 - WNUF Halloween Special

 


When you're feeling nostalgic.

Release Date: October 18, 2013

Starring: Paul Fahrenkopf, Aaron Henkin, Nicolette le Faye

Genre: This is its own thing, I wouldn't even know what to classify it as. (And I mean that in a good way.)

Plot Summary: On Halloween night, a reporter for WNUF investigates the Webber House, where two people were murdered. Because the house is rumored to be haunted, he brings two paranormal investigators along with him, as well as a priest.

Favorite Scene: It's not really a "scene," but I love the commercial for High Pike Farms. It makes me want to go pumpkin picking.

Favorite Quote: "Tonight the vortex of Hell opens. Witches, goblins and heathens are united to praise the prince of darkness." That's my kind of party.

Notable Trivia: This film had a $1500 budget.

Final Thoughts:  Okay, first of all. Spoiler again, the cat dies and it's terrible. As far as everything else goes, this was a really unique movie. It's filmed as if someone recorded a Halloween news broadcast straight from their TV, commercials and all. It definitely felt nostalgic for me because I have a VHS tape my dad recorded of all these old Halloween specials (Tom and Jerry's Halloween Special, Disney's Halloween Treat, DTV Monster Hits, The Halloween That Almost Wasn't, Witch's Night Out, Halloween is Grinch Night) and all the commercials are on there, too. So WNUF Halloween Special reminds me of that VHS tape. As for the movie itself, it's fun, until the cat dies (good thing I reread these posts before I hit "publish" because I forgot to add "until" to that sentence). I was done with it when that happened. The ending is pretty predictable, too. The movie was definitely imaginative though and it captured the feeling of that time period really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment