Wednesday, October 20, 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 20 - Shaun of the Dead

 

When you need a good laugh.

Release Date: April 9, 2004

Starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Kate Ashfield, Lucy Davis, Bill Nighy, Dylan Moran, Penelope Wilton, Peter Serafinowicz

Genre: Horror comedy

Plot Summary: I mean...They pretty much summarize the entire plot for you in the movie. "Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil. Grab Liz. Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over."

Favorite Scene: Shaun and Ed go home after a night of drinking and blast music, which infuriates Pete and leads to the "Sort your fucking life out, mate" line that is my favorite quote in the entire movie.

Favorite Quote: "Sort your fucking life out, mate." (I say this to myself 12 times a day. And I really love Peter Serafinowicz because he's a huge Dark Souls fan.)

Notable Trivia: Shaun of the Dead is the first film in the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, which also includes Hot Fuzz and The World's End.

Final Thoguhts: I love Shaun of the Dead, it's brilliant. It isn't a campy horror comedy, this is a well written, smart film and I could watch it a million times and never get tired of it. I've said before that I'm not usually a fan of zombie films, but this is a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment