Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Favorite Horror Games by Console - Wii: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

 


All right, let's get this out of the way first...The motion controls in Shattered Memories absolutely infuriated me. I love the game so much that I can overlook that though. This was a really imaginative horror game and while some Silent Hill fans didn't enjoy it, I loved seeing a new take on the original game. Shattered Memories was never meant to replace Silent Hill, it was just meant to offer a new experience inspired by the first game and I had so much fun playing it. (I got every ending, something I rarely bother to do unless trophies are involved.) You still play as Harry Mason, who is searching for his daughter, but there is no cult. Instead, there are monsters who change form depending on the actions you take throughout the game. In fact, the entire game will change based on what you do while you're exploring. At the end, you'll even be psychologically profiled. Between Akira Yamaoka's soundtrack, the locations/characters and the different activities you have to complete throughout your therapy sessions, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories feels like a fresh take on something familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment