Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Favorite Horror Games by Console - PS4: Until Dawn

 

Let me start by saying I don't really enjoy games that are mostly cinematic. Like Heavy Rain. But Until Dawn is one of my favorite games of all time. A group of friends go to the mountains, where they believe someone is trying to murder them. There's so much more to the story, but I don't want to spoil it. Until Dawn does what other games always promise to do, but never actually do--It makes your choices matter. One tiny thing you decide to do in the beginning of the game can affect your chances of survival later on. Character interactions change based on how you treat your friends. Everyone can die or everyone can survive. Any number of characters can live depending on how you play the game. The most anxiety-inducing thing I've ever experienced in a game is the "Don't Move" prompts where if the controller is moved even a bit, you could get caught. I would actually not breathe during those segments (not purposely, I was trying not to move the controller and would notice afterwards), which made the entire thing even worse. Until Dawn has a ton of replayability and it's a really fun horror game with a good story.

Oh yeah. Don't forget to high five Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment