Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Favorite Horror Games by Console - 3DS: Spirit Camera

 

Okay. So here's the deal. As a game, I feel like Spirit Camera is kind of...Barebones. There's not a lot to it. It's a spin-off of Fatal Frame which is awesome, but it's on-rails, so you don't get to explore and on top of that, the story is forgettable. So why is this my favorite horror game on the 3DS? Because it's innovative and it gave me something I didn't know I needed/wanted from the Fatal Frame series. AR. Augmented reality. You see the ghosts in your reality. I used to play this game on my breaks at work. I would hide in the non-fiction stacks and fight ghosts with my Camera Obscura 3DS and I had so much fun seeing them haunt the library. The game itself is unremarkable, but the use of AR was brilliant. I already said it when I talked about Fatal Frame 5, but Nintendo's gimmicks worked really well for the Fatal Frame series. They opened up all these new possibilities for it and I would love a proper Fatal Frame game in AR one day. Or VR. Can you imagine if they remade Fatal Frame in VR? And you had to fight Blinded? Absolutely terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment