Monday, November 22, 2021

Favorite Horror Games by Console - PS2: Fatal Frame

 

Here it is! My favorite survival horror game of all time, Fatal Frame. You play as Miku, who is in search of her brother. She travels to Himuro Mansion, the site of a ritual gone wrong, now haunted by vengeful spirits like Blinded and Broken Neck, the source of all my stress and anxiety in this game. Blinded is a nightmare during Demon Tag and Broken Neck's theme scares the hell out of me whenever she shows up somewhere unexpected. (Yeah, random ghosts are a thing if you take too long exploring.) Your only weapon is the Camera Obscura, which can be used to capture ghosts. It's a nice change from shooting things or hitting them in the head with a wooden plank.

I know most people consider Fatal Frame 2 to be the best game in the series. And if we're talking about the story, they're right. But Fatal Frame was the first one I played and it will always be my favorite. Plus, the ghosts are scarier. It doesn't actually matter which game is the best though, they're all great and worth being played.

No comments:

Post a Comment