Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Ranking Every Main Resident Evil Game

Last month, Resident Evil 0, REmake and Resident Evil 4 were released for the Nintendo Switch. In the middle of ranting that REmake was sneakily included as a download in the Origins Collection (which I understood to be a physical copy of both RE0 and REmake), I tweeted a list, ranking all of the main Resident Evil games. I thought it would be fun to elaborate on why I ranked the games the way I did, so I decided to continue it over here for the next week and a half.

I'm almost ashamed to say I own many of these games as digital copies as well, between the PS3, PS4 and Switch.
Disclaimer: I know that, for at least Resident Evil 4, there are some content variations between the Gamecube version and the other versions. I may discuss content that's included in one release, but excluded from another. Also, I know Resident Evil: Director's Cut is missing from this list and that's because I've never actually played it. I do own it (a digital copy on the PS3), but I played REmake first and that was such an excellent game that I never really felt the desire to go back and play the original. Don't kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment