Friday, June 28, 2019

2. Resident Evil: Code Veronica X


Resident Evil: Code Veronica X takes place on Rockfort Island, where Claire Redfield is imprisoned after infiltrating an Umbrella facility in Paris. She meets another prisoner, Steve Burnside, and the two decide to work together to find a way off the island. Of course, there are zombies, hunters, bandersnatches and a pair of siblings named Alfred and Alexia Ashford who make that task extremely difficult for them. Meanwhile, Chris Redfield travels to Rockfort Island in search of his sister and finds Albert Wesker, his old S.T.A.R.S. leader who betrayed him during the events in Raccoon City.

In CVX, you're not given the option of who to play as. You'll play as both Claire and Chris at different points in the game and you need to really consider which items you keep on you because the other character won't have access to them later.

I really liked Code Veronica. I enjoyed the story, I appreciated that the game seemed a bit longer than the others, I was happy to play as both Claire and Chris because they were my favorite characters (I still love Claire, Chris doesn't exist for me in RE5 and RE6). I tried to get the infinite rocket launcher in this game and I made it to the free save (the only one the game allows you) when you switch disks, but the Nosferatu fight frustrated me and by the time I went back to it, my save data was corrupted. Maybe one day though, now that CVX has been released for the PS3 and PS4. (Yes, I did buy it on both consoles.)

Completing the game on easy or normal will unlock Battle Mode, which has you racing against the clock while defeating various different enemies. It's not my favorite mini game and I didn't spend a significant amount of time playing it.

I rate Code Veronica X an 8/10 for giving us a game starring both Claire and Chris Redfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment