Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Nail Kits and Nail Polish for Halloween

 Continuing on my quest for all things Halloween, I found some nail kits from Ulta. I need to start this post off by saying I haven't had fake nails since prom. I keep my nails short because it's easier to apply my skincare/makeup that way (plus my nails would break at work anyway), but IN THE SPIRIT OF HALLOWEEN, I decided to give these ones a go. There are a lot of other designs available, these are just the ones I liked the most.

These nail kits are from Kiss and they cost $8.99 each. The nails were easy to apply, until I got to the last nail and then the difficulty increased by 10. They're nice, but I can't function in them. In either set, even the medium sized nails. Aside from makeup/skincare, I couldn't type and I need to be able to type for work. They also worry me because I'm afraid they'll pop off if I put any pressure on them. They scare me in the same way false lashes scare me. I don't want to lose one when I'm out. I lasted in these for an hour before I took them off.

No big deal though. I had a feeling I wouldn't last in them, so I also bought these gel strips from Dashing Diva for $7.99 each. After I took the fake nails off, I applied these. They were easy to get on, but they kept lifting around the tips of my nails. I did everything the instructions asked me to do, I removed all the oil from my nails (my nails are now in awful condition between the fake nails and these strips), I filed the excess off the correct way, I didn't get them wet...And still...They peeled off. Lesson learned, I will never buy press ons or nail polish strips again, I'm sticking with regular nail polish from now on.

Sorry I can't give a better review. Truly, the nail strips suck. That's my review. They just kept peeling off, there's no way they would have lasted two weeks. I doubt they would have lasted two hours. As for the fake nails, I can't say if they actually stay on for a week because I only made it through an hour before I couldn't stand it anymore and took them off. (That's my own issue though, it's not the fault of the nails.) If you're like me and you know that you cannot function with long nails, save your money. You know what pushed me over the edge after that hour? I realized, "Oh no, I have to feed the cats, how will I open the cans?" That's when I officially gave up.

There's some good news though!


I found a dupe for China Glaze's Zombie Zest! Roses are Red, Zombies are Green from Moon Shine Mani. Zombie Zest was released for Halloween 2010 and I've never forgotten it. That was my favorite polish of all time and I'm so happy there's a dupe for it. Is it an exact dupe? I don't know, that was 11 years ago, my original bottle is long gone. But it's at least pretty close and I'm excited about it. This nail polish is pretty pricey, it's $12. In comparison, Essie's Gel Couture polishes are $11.50 and those last on my nails forever, so I can justify the price. This isn't a gel polish, so hopefully I can get at least 5 days out of it without it chipping. I haven't tried it yet because like I said...I kind of destroyed my nails with those kits. Hopefully they'll be in better condition next week and I can test this out. I also just want to say that there was a plastic ring, a sticker and a Twizzler included in the package, so that was really cute. Twizzlers are my favorite candy, so extra points for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment