Saturday, September 25, 2021

Halloween/Horror News

 I don't normally do two posts in one day...Especially on a Saturday. But I couldn't really wait because Midnight Mass came out yesterday (I posted about that earlier) and one of the things I wanted to mention in this post is kind of time sensitive because it might sell out. I guess I'll talk about that first.


Makeup Revolution released two new palettes for Halloween, Deadly Desire and Into the Night. I ordered them both from Ulta (I'll have a post towards the end of next week after I've had a chance to use both of them) for $15 each. I'm not waiting to post about them because last time, the Ghost Stories palette sold out before I posted about it, so I'm thinking they're making limited quantities of their Halloween collection.

I'll also probably have a post about Survive the Night by Riley Sager sometime next week. It depends on how I feel when I'm typing it, I might just skip it. (That should tell you how I felt about the book.)

Halloween Wars season 11 started last week and I know sometimes I can be hard on things so I was glad to see everyone else hated the new format as much as I do. In past seasons, each team would consist of a cake artist, sugar artist and pumpkin carver and they would make these incredibly detailed creations with components from each of their areas of expertise. You'd see these giant pumpkin creations with beautiful blown sugar work and those were always the standouts because first of all, there are a ton of cake shows already and also...A lot of the time, the cake artists didn't use cake, they used Rice Krispie Treats. So what did they do this season? Got rid of pumpkin carving all together. Sugar work is no longer a requirement. It's just cake. It's Cake Wars. Which I wouldn't mind normally, but this is supposed to be Halloween Wars and for 10 seasons there was pumpkin carving and sugar work and that's what I was expecting this season. That's what Halloween Wars is. If all that wasn't bad enough, for some UNKNOWN REASON, they got rid of Jonathan Bennett and replaced him with that guy from Ghost Adventures and his knockoff Annabelle doll. I watched one episode of Ghost Adventures and hated it, they claimed everything was a damn ghost with no proof. Nothing would even happen, but IT WOULD BE A GHOST. It's obnoxious. He's obnoxious. I didn't even finish watching the episode, I turned it off in the last 10 minutes, I'm not watching this season.

Now that my rant is over. I ordered Monster Mash cereal from Target because I couldn't find it in any of the stores I went to. It still isn't here, but my mom knew I was searching for it and she found it when she was shopping, so she picked a box up for me. I'm not a huge cereal person, but in the spirt of Halloween, I had to try it, you know? I think it tastes like Cap'n Crunch. It doesn't really have a lot of marshmallows, but I'm fine with that. I never really liked marshmallows in cereal, like Lucky Charms (even though I thought they looked really pretty).

My next Halloween decor post was going to go up on Monday, but I ordered a couple more things that probably won't arrive until the end of the week, so...That's unfortunate. And the thing is, that second Halloween decor post was supposed to have three items. That's it. A candle holder and plug in from Bath and Body Works and a throw blanket from T.J.Maxx. I don't know what happened, but things spiraled out of control.

Lastly! It's almost October! That means it's almost time to start reading A Night in the Lonesome October by Roger Zelazny again, one chapter for every day of the month. This is a tradition every year and I'm excited to pick it back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment