Friday, September 13, 2019

Scariest Video Game Moments in Non-Horror Games - #3: Jurassic Park SNES - Buildings


Jurassic Park for the SNES had a few moments that used to make my heart race, like any time the T-rex would make an appearance, or the raptors that would jump out from behind the trees. What makes Jurassic Park truly scary though is when you enter any of its various buildings and switch to first person view. I remember being too terrified to enter rooms because sometimes when the doors would open, they would block your view of what's behind them and nothing was worse than being rushed by a raptor. There were also several rooms that required night vision goggles and I could never remember if I had a battery on me to operate them. (I'm not even sure there was a way to check either.) If you entered those rooms without functioning goggles, I'm pretty sure it was a game over. I never beat Jurassic Park as a kid, but I really loved it, even though I'm sure the stress of playing it took several years off my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment