Sunday, September 1, 2019

Salem Haunted Happenings 2019


Salem Haunted Happenings

Salem is a beautiful town filled with museums, candlelight tours and a history of witches and pirates. Visiting in October, when all the leaves on the trees in New England have begun to change colors, is the perfect time of year and Salem has so many extra events to offer in the weeks leading up to Halloween.

I've been to Salem three times and I love it. I've seen all the museums, I've been to the cemeteries, I've walked through the haunted houses, I've been to the House of the Seven Gables, I've done the walking tours and a haunted hearse tour, I've seen every location Giles Corey supposedly haunts...All of that is great, I highly suggest stopping at as many museums as you possibly can and doing at least one walking tour at night. But I thought I would go through the list of events occurring on specific days and give a few recommendations.

October 1st:

October 3rd
  • Salem Horror Fest - October 3rd through the 13th, enjoy film screenings for classics such as The Thing, Frankenstein, Trick r' Treat, The Bride of Frankenstein, Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown and The Invisible Man. Also includes lectures and a live podcast.
October 4th
October 5th
  • Haunted Biz Baz Street Fair - If you enjoy music and street fairs and being outside in the Fall weather, this is a great even for you to attend.
October 11th
October 12th
  • Howl-o-ween Pet Costume Parade - In addition to an adorable parade of pets dressed up in various costumes (that they hopefully aren't uncomfortable in), there will be information about local rescue organizations and pet-focused businesses.
October 16th
October 17th
October 19th
  • Tales at the Witch House - This one also doesn't have a recommended age range, so bring children at your own discretion.
October 25th
October 26th
October 31st

No comments:

Post a Comment