Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Day 31: Favorite Book to Read For Halloween - A Night in the Lonesome October by Roger Zelazny


I probably should have started off the challenge with this category. A Night in the Lonesome October is told from the point of view of Jack the Ripper's dog, Snuff. Featuring various different horror characters (because if it isn't obvious by now, I love these kind of crossovers), the story is about which side each of them fall on when the Old Ones have the opportunity to enter our world. Will they aid them, or will they help shut the door to keep them out?

What makes this book special is that it features 31 chapters (not including the introduction). Throughout the month of October, it's become a tradition for a lot of people to read one chapter each night. I actually bought a copy for my boyfriend and asked him to read along with me. He then surprised me with a first edition copy of the book, which was really sweet because I love this story and it's a nice item to have in my collection.

If you're looking for your own Halloween tradition, think about picking up a copy of this book for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment