Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Day 24: Favorite Horror TV Show - Penny Dreadful


To be honest, I almost stopped watching Penny Dreadful after the second episode. Eva Green's acting made me so uncomfortable (and I mean that as a compliment) that I didn't think I could handle it. I'm so glad I stuck with it though because it's such an interesting take on the classic monsters. I loved seeing those worlds come together the way they did in this series. It was well written and as horrific as it sometimes was, there was more to it than that. I wish it had gone on longer than three seasons because I really loved those characters and wanted to see more of them.

And while we're here, I have to mention my favorite scene. [SPOILERS] It's right after Victor shoots Lily and Dorian, who are dressed in white, and the two begin dancing to "Melting Waltz" (my favorite song in the series), while blood soaks their clothing. It sounds weird to call this a beautiful scene, but it really was and it's one I can watch over and over.



Honorable mention 1: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Everyone knows what Buffy is about, I don't need to talk about the plot. What I will say is that the show is timeless. Yes, if you go back to the first season, it's so 90's it hurts, the fashion is straight out of 5-7-9. But it was witty and fun to watch and it was so surprising to see what a great show it was because the movie that inspired it was absolutely ridiculous.

Honorable mention 2: Harper's Island - This show aired one summer several years ago and it was a murder mystery. A group of friends go to an island for a wedding and people begin getting killed off. It wasn't necessarily scary, but it was an entertaining show. It sort of falls apart at the end (okay, "sort of" is being kind), but I would still recommend it if you're looking for something quick to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment