Friday, October 12, 2018

Day 12: Favorite Horror Comedy - Shaun of the Dead


Shaun of the Dead wasn't listed as an honorable mention for my favorite zombie film because it was meant to appear here.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are a great comedy team, and I really enjoyed all the films in the Cornetto Trilogy, but Shaun of the Dead was, by far, my favorite. It was a really clever movie with throwbacks to other zombie films, some romance and a few creepy moments. The cast was excellent and their comedic timing was perfect.

The movie is about a man named Shaun who completely screws up his relationship with his girlfriend by continuing to bring her to the same pub night after night, along with his best friend (which in turn causes her to invite her friends). Liz gets fed up and breaks up with him and then the zombie apocalypse happens and Shaun sets out to save her. That synopsis doesn't do this movie justice at all, you just have to watch it.

I also want to mention that as a huge fan of the Souls series, I love seeing Peter Serafinowicz in this film. He's such a huge fanboy when it comes to Dark Souls and I remember my anticipation for Dark Souls 2's release skyrocketed after watching him play a bit of it and listening to him talk about it and hearing how much he was enjoying the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment