Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Fall Candles From Candles by Victoria


I know candles aren't technically horror related, but for me, they're part of the Fall experience, which is the best time for horror. Reading a scary book? Watching a scary movie? Playing a scary game? A good way to enhance your experience is to dim the lights and burn some candles.

I started ordering from Candles by Victoria six years ago and since then, I've been buying candles exclusively from them. Victoria's candles are just better than brands like Yankee or BBW. The scent throw is always strong, the candles never lose their scent, no matter how long you burn them. Victoria's decorative candles are to die for. And I love that she genuinely enjoys what she does, you can see how passionate she is about her business by watching her vlogs on Youtube. And she's constantly creating new candles and scents, so there's definitely something for everyone. Each candles is made when you place your order, they're not sitting around on a shelf forever, waiting to be purchased. This can sometimes mean longer processing times during sales or holidays, but trust me, it's worth it. Victoria is amazing at what she does.

As far as scents go, for me, personally, I prefer bakery and Fall scents. All year. Those are my favorites, they put me in a good mood. I love to open my windows in October and let the crisp, Fall air inside while burning a candle and reading a book. That is my happy place, there's nothing better. And since it's almost that time of year again, I recently placed an order for more of Victoria's Fall scented candles. (I also received one from my mom as a gift.) I've actually already ordered several of these in the past and I loved them so much, I had to have them again.

Since I'm bad at describing scents, I won't even attempt to. All the scent descriptions are coming straight from the website.

Sweet Treat - Pumpkin Cheesecake - $15.50, 15 oz.


This candle has two scents to it, beginning with Spiced Pumpkin Chutney on the bottom and a layer of cream cheese on top. I love this candle. Pumpkin scents are some of my favorites (I also love apple and cinnamon and Victoria has a scent called Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Bread that is incredible), but the main reason I bought this is because of how it's decorated. It's topped with a really cute pumpkin and wax crumbles and it's sprinkled with cinnamon. I know it's a candle and it's meant to be burned, but I think this is really nice as a fall decoration, too. I stopped buying decorative candles for a while because I never wanted to burn them, but all the candles I'll be talking about have such a strong cold throw, you don't even really have to light them if you don't want to.

Maple Butter Pumpkin Frap - $25, 24 oz.


This is one of the candles I've purchased in the past. It's a mix of maple butter and pumpkin frappuccino and it has pumpkin embeds sprinkled with cinnamon. This is a great coffee scent, especially if you don't enjoy straight coffee, the pumpkin helps dilute it.

Pumpkin Patch Coffee Cup Cutie - $22.50, 18 oz.


Victoria's Coffee Cup Cutie line is made up of candles housed in, you guessed it, coffee mugs. The Pumpkin Patch scent consists of pumpkins, apple cider and leaves. I've already said, apple and pumpkin are two of my favorite scents. When they're mixed together, it's magic. This candle is topped with pine cone, acorn, pumpkin and leaf embeds and the rim of the cup is lined with glitter. Of all the candles I just ordered, as far as scent goes, this is probably my favorite.

Dutch Apple Pie Coffee Cup Cutie - $22.50, 18 oz.


This candle is in the scent Dutch Apple Crunch, a blend of vanilla and apple pie. It is the perfect apple scent. It's decorated with wax crumbles, apple embeds, a scoop of ice cream and "caramel" drizzle (I'm pretty sure it just looks like caramel drizzle and isn't meant to smell like caramel, all the wax is in the Dutch Apple Crunch scent). And this one also has glitter around the cup.

Comfort Pumpkin Gingerbread Splash - $18.50, 16 oz.


The Comfort candles come in bowls (a lid is included) and they're adorable. Especially this little guy. This is another repeat candle for me, I just can't get enough of that gingerbread man. This candle comes in two layers, the first is Buttery Gingerbread, followed by Spiced Pumpkin Chutney (there it is again!). There are some maple crumbles, pumpkin embeds and, of course, a cute gingerbread man bathing in all of it.

Comfort Caramel Gingered Apple Crisp - $18.50, 16 oz.


Another repeat purchase. This candle's scent is made up of maple, caramel, ginger and apple cinnamon. It's topped with apple embeds, gold sprinkles and glitter. Again, I love apple scents and this one has cinnamon as well, so you know I had to order it again.

Design a Candle - $30, 32 oz.


This is the candle my mom gave me and I was really excited because I've purchased several of these candles before, but I never realized they have a Halloween design style (I always chose Fall). She ordered it in the scents Bonfire Bliss and Country Bumpkin, which shows how well she knows me because I've ordered create-a-scent candles in those two scents at least five times, they're my absolute favorites to mix. (Bonfire Bliss is the best Fall scent ever, trust me.) These candles come in a large bowl and they're customizable. You can choose two scents to mix (or you can just choose one scent that you really like). Then you choose the design style (ranging from seasons to holidays, etc.), color, whether or not you want glitter on it and you can create a name for it. My mom obviously chose the Halloween style for my candle and I love it because it has little skulls and Jack-O'-Lantern embeds. Victoria sells wax melts in addition to candles, in all kinds of shapes, but not those two. I really hope she'll add them to her line at some point because she obviously has the molds for them and I would buy them. Over and over.

That's it for this order! I can't wait for the colder weather to get here so I can start burning these candles. Until then, they're a nice headstart on my Fall decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment