Saturday, August 3, 2019

6. The Wendigo (Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark)


You know, I had no idea what a wendigo was when I was younger, so when I read this story, I really wasn't interested in it. After playing Until Dawn, I learned what they are (cannibalistic creatures) and now I can finally appreciate it.

The Wendigo is about a man who went hunting in Northern Canada, with a Native American as his guide. In their tent, they heard a windstorm, but when the hunter looked outside, everything was calm. Listening closely, he could hear the wind calling his guide's name. The guide was noticeably upset and ran from the tent, leaving the hunter alone. In the morning, he followed the guide's footsteps in the snow, but they abruptly stopped, as if he disappeared into thin air. The hunter left, only to return a year later. The guide was never found and the people at the trading post said maybe the wendigo got him. And there's a bit of a "twist" ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment