Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Some More Etsy Orders

 (I realize these items don't actually belong on a horror blog, but...I guess witchcraft is considered to be supernatural? So I feel like it sort of fits here. Plus, these items are really beautiful and I wanted to talk about them.)

I think I've already explained my feelings on this subject, but in case I haven't, I'll quickly do it again. In general, I don't really believe in anything (except aliens because we can't be the only intelligent life in the universe), but I do believe anything is possible. So while I'm skeptical about the properties certain crystals may have, I'm also hopeful that they'll do what they're supposed to do. If you think about something like aromatherapy, where different scents can bring out different reactions in people, why can't crystals do the same? Colors are also able to have an effect on us, right? If I'm wearing yellow (which rarely ever happens), I feel amazing, like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. So who knows? I'm not going to rule crystals out.

None of the items I bought can be used to harm anyone else, not intentionally. Hopefully not unintentionally either, I'm a little worried about a Monkey's Paw situation. I really just thought everything looked nice and if they do anything to help heal my traumas, even better.

The first shop I ordered from was AnitaApothecary. Shipping was extremely fast, I ordered on a Tuesday and everything arrived on Thursday.



I bought three candles, The Magick of Garnet (scented with balsam and cedar, and you can read the intentions on the label, but some include confidence, harmony and well-being), Season of the Witch (meant to connect to your ancestors during Samhain, but honestly, I just thought it looked beautiful) and The Shadow Worker (scented with berries and florals, meant to help you face your inner traumas and demons). As you can see, these candles are stunning. I don't ever want to burn them because of how gorgeous they are, they're a work of art.

I purchased the Autumn Spirit altar offering because I really wanted to use it as decor in a glass bottle. The scent is spiced apples, cider and pumpkin and for someone like me who loves every one of those scents, I had to buy this.


Lastly, I bought tea, Samhain Tisane (cinnamon, dried apple, orange peel - it sounded amazing) and Fuck Anxiety (don't we all feel that way?). Here's the thing though. I don't understand tea. I don't drink tea. I have no idea what to do with loose tea. So I haven't actually tried it yet, I'm intimidated by it. That sounds ridiculous, I know, but it's true. So I had to figure out what to do with loose tea and I went on ebay and bought two things...


I'm not going to bother linking either of these because I'm 99% positive that they are counterfeit Starbucks mugs and while that doesn't bother me because I didn't buy them as a collector, I don't want anyone who does collect their mugs to get scammed. I bought the tea cup for the tea, obviously. And because it's really cute. But I haven't used it yet. And then I bought the mug because I really wanted a cute Halloween mug and this one is adorable.

Lastly, with every order, you receive a little bag of extras, including a tarot card and candy, which is super nice. My experience ordering from this shop was great and I would absolutely place another order in the future.

The rest of my orders were for single items from several different shops, so let's go through them.

Different background for this one, sorry about that. I thought it would be easier to see it this way. This is a carnelian necklace from LanaMoonJewellry. If you look up the properties of carnelian, you're likely to find a lot of differing things. Personally, I bought it to help with my non-existent self esteem (I told you, I'm trying to heal my traumas). There's a dime in the picture for size reference, I was really surprised by how small it was when I first saw it. However, when I put it on, I realized it's the perfect size and I fell in love with it. It's dainty and so nice. I've been wearing it every day since I received it and I've gotten several compliments on it.

I bought another necklace, from The Twisted Forest. And if you saw my post about Crow Haven Corner, you'll know I bought a rose quartz wishing tree from them that was made by the same person who runs this shop. I love that wishing tree so much, I wanted to buy something else from them and I thought this silver acorn spell necklace was really cute. It's meant to be pink, but I don't think it actually looks that pink. The acorn is pretty large, I thought it would be a bit smaller, but I'm not bothered by it. I also really love this necklace and I've been wearing it layered with the carnelian necklace every day.


And finally, here's Jack, with a Banishing Heartbreak candle from Candle Intentions Shop. The scent is a combination of grapefruit, mango and sandalwood (I love the scent of sandalwood, it reminds me of the beach). Before anyone gets the wrong idea, this candle's intent is to promote self love and confidence and release traumas while giving you the courage to trust. I want to make it clear, I am not heartbroken over my ex. I have no lingering feelings for him, I don't want him back. Even if he came to me with a ring and begged me to take him back and then made a public apology for treating me (and everyone else he's ever come into contact with) badly, I wouldn't want him back. You can see by what I just said though, that I'm still dealing with some anger and bad feelings towards him, right? I also have trouble trusting men after what he did to me. The purpose of everything mentioned in this post is to help me heal so that when I decide to date again, I can do so in a healthy way.

That's all for this post! I'm extremely happy with everything I bought and hopefully everything does what it claims to do and I can live a happy life without feeling so annoyed all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment