Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Early Halloween Decor Shopping

Each year around June, seasonal depression kicks in for me. I know that for most people, seasonal depression occurs during winter. For me, it's summer. Knowing I have to get through several months of extreme temperatures makes me absolutely miserable. I think my brain's way of coping is to go into complete denial and start planning for Halloween by searching online for decorations. It's still early and most stores aren't putting their Halloween items out just yet, but I did want to post about a couple things I purchased recently. Have to kick off the Halloween festivities at some point, right?

As I said, I've only bought a couple things so far. The first is this adorable Halloween-themed Ouija board from MeantToBeeCreative on Etsy.

I debated bringing this thing into my home, even though there's no planchette, I never plan on using it and I don't exactly believe in ghosts. (I could be wrong.) I have nightmares about my bedroom on a regular basis, about the room itself being possessed and evil. I almost felt like bringing a Ouija board in here was asking for trouble. Yet, here we are. And I love it. (The pumpkin in the picture is from CVS last year.)

I also bought a light up skull wax warmer. Normally, I prefer candles, but I'm really terrible about trimming the wicks and it results in a lot of black smoke, so I thought, maybe, I should go with wax melts for a while. Which brings me to the last part of this post...

I ordered wax melts in some of my favorite fall scents (excluding Magical Mermaid, that's a summer scent) from my favorite candle company, Candles by Victoria. Victoria used to offer these melts in mason jars, but she recently switched over to packaging them in bags, so I bought and labeled my own jars. I wanted to put them on display. She has a ton of different shapes available, but my favorites are Fall and Halloween. I'm bad at describing scents, but these are all incredible and I've ordered them multiple times. I like to mix Granny's Pie Crust and Caramel Apple together, it's the nicest bakery scent.

Hopefully within the next couple months, more Halloween decorations will be available and I can make another post with some fun decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment