Monday, July 29, 2019

Top 10 Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark


I used to borrow this series from the library constantly when I was a kid. I knew exactly where to find 398.2 SCH and I would run over there and grab all three books. I very rarely borrowed anything else, I only wanted the Scary Stories series. Of course, I never, ever touched those books before bed. Not because the stories scared me, but because Stephen Gammell's illustrations were nightmare inducing. In fact, the illustrations were so horrifying that several years ago, they were completely redone so that they wouldn't be as scary. And I get it, I totally do, as someone who read those books as a young child. But in my opinion, the books aren't worth reading if they're not the originals. This one still haunts me to this day.


In celebration of the release of the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark film on August 9th, over the next 10 days, I'll be doing a countdown of my favorite stories from all 3 books.

No comments:

Post a Comment